Stacey Dash Color Blocking On “Single Ladies”

Photo Credit: My Video Capture

Is anybody else here a fan of VH1′s newest series “Single Ladies”?

I was living for that scoop-neck fuchsia top, kelly green skirt with over-sized bow detail, and electric blue Christian Louboutin Open Lips suede pumps Stacey Dash’s character “Val” was wearing this past Monday.  There’s nothing more feminine and prissy than bow-detailing – on anything!  And the color blocking was simple but gorgeous.

Turns out all of Stacey’s wardrobe on “Single Ladies” is hand-selected by designer and stylist Anthony L. Williams, the former “Project Runway” contestant best known for his competitive spirit on the reality show.  When asked about where he gets his inspiration, Anthony stated, “I shop everywhere [for Stacey]. Vintage, consignment, call in favors from fellow designers, Top Shop, Neiman Marcus, Zara Runway… I even shop out of Stacey’s closet. There have been random moments on set where I walked by a rack and stole a dress because I thought it would be fab on Stacey!” Well, he is killing the fashion game on each episode -  his styling skills with Stacey are on point!  I see you, Anthony.

Photo Credit: My Video Capture

In Episode 7, the pretty pink top Stacey wore is by Jil Sander (bought at Jeffrey’s in Atlanta) and the green skirt with bow a custom piece that he designed using fabric by Carolina Herrera.  The question was posed on his Facebook page of whether or not he’d be adding that gorgeous skirt to his line and we’re eagerly awaiting his response!  In describing his inspiration for the ensemble Anthony noted that, based on the particular scene (dramatic confrontation with her ex-boyfriend), they wanted to “…give  her a fit and a silhouette that would allow her to be functional, but also make her look feminine and strong.”  You can check out the full fashion break down here for complete details about the design and his inspiration for it.  Anthony also gives some incredible tips on color blocking and making this hot trend work for you.

In other “Single Ladies” good news, I learned today that VH1 has renewed the show for a second season.   So we can expect to see a lot more of Stacey Dash, Lisa Raye and Charity Shea sizzling on Atlanta’s socialite scene. WOOT! The finale airs August 8, and the new season will begin filming in late 2011 to air in 2012.

If you have any questions for Anthony, be sure to hit him up on Twitter @SewAnthony.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

48 Responsesto “Stacey Dash Color Blocking On “Single Ladies””

1. Alyssa Park says:

She gave me LIFE every week with her fashions!!!

2. Gianni says:

Where can I find the gold charm bracelet Stacey wears in most episodes?

3. sharmine says:

I really like the character Val on VH1′s Single Ladies. She dresses so cute!

4. [...] Dash’s stylist on VH1′s “Single Ladies.”  We all remember the famous pink and green color blocking ensemble with the cobalt blue heels she wore in Episode 7, yes?  Well, I loved that color scheme and ran with [...]

5. [...] the famous pink and green color block outfit!  This outfit from Episode 7 was a personal favorite of mine.  Anthony bought the [...]

6. TwiggyNYC says:

HI! Any idea who the white top is by in Episode 6?? LOVE!!!!!

7. VERLAINE says:

WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHO DESIGNED THE SHORT BLUE DRESS WITH SIDE RUFFLES THAT VAL WAS WEARING ON SINGLE LADIES EPISODE 101. WANT TO KNOW THE NAME AND WEAR CAN I FIND….

I have been a fan of Stacey Dash since her Clueless Days. She is the epitome of fab and that outfit on her… LOVE! Anthony sure knows how to pick it, and Stacey sure knows how to work it!

PS: It’s so cool that you guys were tweeting with each other!

I’ve liked her since “Clueless” too. lol. I think that’s actually when i first fell in love. And yes, Anthony is genius!

9. Nika says:

this look is all kinds of fab!!!

10. Dawn says:

I love, love, love this outfit! Have you seen anything similar? I’ve been searching all over the internet and nothing comes close!!

Wow! I loved him on PRunway, love her, love the outfit and your writing is just too good Yakini. I see you Anthony? LOVE IT

Hahaha! Jill, I had to bring out the fabulousness for this post. These pictures (from video captures I took via screen shot) really suck, but the outfit on the show looked gorgeous!

12. Justice Jonesie says:

I love that show! I also agree, Stacey D is always looking fabulous! So glad that the show was renewed! Makes me want to move to Altanta. :)

I know – the show sure does make Atlanta look fun & fab! I’m super excited that there will be a Season 2 as well!!!!

13. Bika says:

yesss loved that outfit! she’s looked so feminine and colorful/fun which i love. and the shoeeesss! must get a pair of those asap :-)

I agree – gorgeous and feminine and unafraid of color! I love it!
      I’ll keep an eye out on some cute electric blue shoes for you – I know you’ve been looking for some for a while now.

14. osato says:

I love that entire outfit she is rocking, I might need to try those colors, btw not a huge fan of the show either but love the fashion.
    xo
    btw thanks for your comment

Yup, the fashion alone is reason enough to watch!
      Anytime, lady! Eagerly awaiting your next YouTube video update. ;-)

15. Style & Poise says:

YES!!! I was enamored by this ensemble Stacey Dash had on last episode. I kept going on and on about everything used to create that look. This show in general is on point when it comes to style…that white dress Stacey wore to brunch was FABULOUS too!!!!

Roni

16. YUMMommy says:

Love the fashion rush I get from the show. I think that some of the issues on the show are relateable. I’m interested tow see what other great looks will be featured on the show. This is a good move in terms of Black tv shows. I think that we need to support Queen Latifah and help more Black shows make it.

“Fashion rush” – I LOVE that!!!! I get it too. Very reminiscent of SATC…. each week I’m waiting with baited breath to see what the girls will be wearing!
      ITA about supporting Latifah! :-)

17. sunshine says:

I started watching the show but then I wasnt crazy about it but I did love the way they all dressed.

Hi Sunshine! I agree, you can totally enjoy the fashion without being a fan of the show! :)

That outfit was real AKA-ish. LOL..I cant get with it. LMAO! On principle…

I want to try color block, so nervous Stacey Dash is a freak of nature! I bumped Anthony at the grocery store near my home. Nice guy!

She surely is! Love her!
      I’m doing a little color blocking tutorial + style profile in a couple weeks, so stay tuned for that!!!

P.S. Love that Anthony is a nice guy in “real life,” as he could just as easily be a diva. Very cool to know that he’s down to earth….