Christina Milian in Forever 21 & Wild Pair at Dylan’s Candy Bar

There’s nothing I love more than learning that one of my favorite celebs is a recessionista! I interviewed singer/actress Christina Milian yesterday at the Pampers Cruisers with 3-Way Fit Launch Event in the city. We had fun chatting about her fashion sense, life with an 18-month-old, and how she was able to get that gorgeous figure back so quickly post-baby.

Below is a segment from the interview and the full interview will be posted over at Prissy Reviews.

Style Me Prissy: Christina, it seems that red is the new black for the fall – it’s everywhere!  We saw it all over the Emmy’s last week and you look radiant tonight! Of course, I’ve got to know who you’re wearing?

Christina: (laughs) Thank you! Well my shirt is Forever 21 and my jeans are Raven Denim.  Though my shoes look like the Giuseppe Zanotti wedges they’re actually the “Lola WP” suede wedges by Wild Pair, and I found them at Bakers for $95! The necklace is something I’ve had for a while, and the watch is TW Steel.

Style Me Prissy: Christina, all of those stores are so affordable!

Christina: Yes!  It’s not always about the price or the designer label, you know? It’s all about how you put it together.  People always assume that I shop at these high end stores and only wear designers, and that’s not true.  I actually live a very affordable lifestyle, and I think that’s important… especially as a mom. My daughter comes first, always! So most of my money is spent on her (laughs).

Style Me Prissy: And Violet is one stylish little diva! I totally agree with you though… it really is less about what it costs, and more about how you put the pieces together… and accessorize it, of course.

Christina: Right! That’s exactly how I feel.

Style Me Prissy: So you have an 18-month-old, Violet?  She’s so adorable! What I want to know is how you were able to get back in shape so fast. You were back on the red carpet not too long after you gave birth, and you look amazing today.  Can you tell us a little about your work out regimen?

Christina: Well breastfeeding really helped! In the beginning I didn’t do anything but that. I nursed Violet for 11 months and lost a lot of weight that way. But then my weight kind of plateaued, so I had to start working out (laughs).  That last 15 lbs just didn’t want to go away. So I started doing a lot of hiking – that was fun!  And I also started eating right, because you really have to do both together. They kind of go hand in hand, you know?

Style Me Prissy: I agree! So important to change our eating habits as well as exercise – it’s almost impossible to do one without the other, if you’re looking for lasting results… Wow Christina, so great to hear that you breastfed! It’s hard enough to manage that as an ordinary working mom, and I can only imagine how crazy your schedule was like… So how do you manage to balance motherhood with your busy lifestyle as an entertainer?

Christina: Well, I’m really fortunate because I live in a household of women. My mom, my aunts… it’s all women. That really helps. Everyone pitches in to help me with Violet. So even when I travel, someone is always there who she knows and loves. As a single mom that support is so important, so I’m really glad to have them in my life.

Christina describes her upcoming album as “independent” and “fierce,” and she was excited to share that it’ll be out next fall, so let’s be on the look out for that!

Tags: , , , , , ,

22 Responsesto “Christina Milian in Forever 21 & Wild Pair at Dylan’s Candy Bar”

1. inga says:

Aw, I love C. Milian. And I loved this interview! I love when celebs mix afforable into their wardrobes. And I gotta have those shoes! Strayed away from wedges for a while, but those are sexy.

2. [...] dress originally sold for $198 but is now on sale for $118.  After chatting with the singer/actress/fashionista last week at the Pampers Cruisers with 3-Way Fit Launch in NYC it came as no surprise to discover that she [...]

She looks great! So Bakers and Forever 21… my kinda stylish mama! What a doll. Such a good interview, Yakini… you’re really good at reporting.

Thank you Alicia!!! Yeah, i love that she’s so open and comfortable about talking about her budget savvy ways.

What a doll she is! Such a fun event.

5. Pampers Cruisers with 3-Way Fit Launch With Christina Milian — Prissy Reviews says:

[...] baby advice and articles, parenting tips, and special promotions and savings! Click here to read my full interview with Christina Milian. // Hello there! If you are new here, you might want to subscribe to the [...]

6. osato says:

She seems really sweet and im loving those shoes… you look great Yakini but u always do

7. YUMMommy says:

Love Christina. She always looks so well put together. And how cute is Violet?!!

8. KIM says:

Nice interview, I have always loved Christina, very humble & down to earth lady. Her daughter is beautiful.

9. toi says:

Great interview. Love the tips on fashion and eating habits. Thanks Yakini for bringing this interview to us :) !

Hi Toi!
      I loved her tips as well – she was such a down-to-earth, “regular” person, which was so cool. Just like talking to any of my other mom of a toddler girlfriends.

10. Mrs Pancakes says:

She looks beautiful! What a great interview:-) Sent you an email…please check ASAP!

Hey girl! Thank you so much – she was super cute in person!
      Okay, I will go through my emails tonight.

Great interview! Great questions. Love that she is rocking Forever 21. I love her more that she has a baby, I notice she takes her everywhere.

I know!!! It’s really sweet. You can tell how attached (and how hands on) she is with her daughter. No nannies raising this celeb kid. :-)

12. Sheliza says:

She is so gorgeous and love that she can totally rock “normal” stuff that the rest of us could actually afford yet totally look stylish! Her daughter is as lovely as she is. You look so pretty in hot pink :-)

Thanks Shelly!
      Yeah, i love that she “has” the money, but chooses to be wise with how she spends it. And yeah, her daughter is a cutie!

I LOVE a celeb that keeps it real and shops high and low end items! That is the test and measure of a true fashionista! Seriously….and if that baby don’t look like The Dream!! *smh* And you are looking stylish as well, Yaki!

I do too!!! I think that’s awesome – she was super down to earth.
      Ehhh, I look a hot mess. Just came from work, not a lick of makeup. *smh*