Fall Fashion Looks for Less With T.J. Maxx

The fall season is an especially fun one for me to shop because I get to play around with fun accessories and textures like soft leathers, faux fur, cute hats, ponchos, and booties.  I was invited by the good folks at Marshalls to check out the store and see if anything piqued my interest.  I challenged myself to put together two complete fall looks, including wardrobe, accessories, and shoes – for both work and play. With T.J. Maxx advertising up to 60% off department store prices I was curious to see just how far I could stretch my bucks here. For the looks I went with a spicy, earth-tone theme, with shades of berries, browns, and tans, to match the gorgeous tones of nature in the fall.

1. For “Work”

We’re seeing a lot of animal print on the runways this season, so I was definitely looking to incorporate this fun and sexy trend into my career look.  I opted for a leopard pencil skirt with chocolate belt.  Not wanting to overdo the playfulness of the print in a work environment, I kept the rest of the outfit simple and classic with a crisp white blouse and nude pumps. I styled the look with a fun cape in burnt orange, floppy chocolate hat, and pretty long gloves with bow detailing. I finished the look with a bronze eye shadow palette and a pop of coral to the lip.

• Jones New York Collection Blouse – Original Price: $69.00, T.J. Maxx: $29.99
  •  Animal Print Pencil Skirt – Original Price: $40, T.J. Maxx: $19.99
  • Katie Todd Cape – Original Price: $50, T.J. Maxx: $24.99
  • Kathy Jeanne Floppy Hat – Original Price: $68, T.J. Maxx: $29.99
  • Ralph Lauren Wool & Cashmere Bow Gloves – Original Price: $40, T.J. Maxx: $19.99
  • suede pumps – Original Price: $75, T.J. Maxx: $39.99
Total Savings: $178

2. For “Play”

I kept this look fun and hip with distressed blue jeans, a soft and comfy taupe top with draped front, electric blue suede peep toe heels, and a simple purse to carry my essentials.  As is characteristic of autumn, evenings tend to get cool so I added a leopard print scarf, plum fedora, and green buttery leather gloves. Simple eye makeup, a pop of color to the cheeks, and a deep berry lip completed my casual fall look.

• Storm Top – Original Price: $30.00, T.J. Maxx: $14.99
  • Seven7 Jeans – Original Price: 59.00, T.J. Maxx: $24.99
  • Miztique Chain Strap Leather Shoulder Bag – Original Price: $35.oo, T.J. Maxx: $19.99
  • Madden Girl Hulbert Platform Heels – Original Price: $60, T.J. Maxx: $29.99
  • Alexandra Bartlett Leather Gloves – Original Price: $40.00, T.J. Maxx: $19.99
  • Collection 18 Wool Fedora – Original Price: $34.00, T.J. Maxx: $14.99
  • Collection 18 Animal Print Scarf – Original Price: $28.00, T.J. Maxx: $12.99
Total Savings: $142

So of course I was super excited about all the goodies I got for such amazing prices! While looking for pieces to complete my outfits I found time to chat with the general manager about how they’re able to offer these prices.  Apparently, their buyers travel year-long instead of just seasonally like department stores. He also informed me that they travel to 60+ countries and bring 10,000 new items in every store EACH week!  This is how they’re able to get much of the same, in-season stuff you’d find in a department or specialty store, but for less. Well that works for me.

I hope I’ve shown that being cute and cozy for fall doesn’t have to mean breaking your bank or sacrificing glamour and style. What do ya’all think about my two fall looks?

Disclaimer: I was provided with a shopping budget to purchase items for review.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

44 Responsesto “Fall Fashion Looks for Less With T.J. Maxx”

1. Fashion Looks For Less | Fashion Tips | Everything You Need to Know About Fashion! says:

[...] store and see if anything piqued my interest. I challenged myself to put together two complete fall Looks, including wardrobe, accessories, and shoes ‘ for both work and play. So of course I was [...]

2. Bika says:

what fabulous looks! esp the first one, so elegant yet trendy, and yes, the hat sets it off! you are a true fashionista. i haven’t been to TJ Maxx yet; looks like i need to stop in sometime though.

Yeah, they usually have got some cute stuff (both Marshalls & TJ Maxx). You’ve got to search for it, but many treasures there to be found.

3. bkvixengonemd says:

Love both looks esp. The hats..very stylish*

4. Cam says:

I’m really feeling both of the looks. Love the shoes for real! I’ve been a fan of TJ Maxx and Marshalls for a long time. Great finds!

5. Cyndi says:

LOVE your fall looks!!! I am not much of a hat person, and loved the hats that you chose!!

Girl, I couldn’t walk in those heels if I tried!!! :)

Thank you lady!!! I’ve never been big into hats either, so it was kinda fun stepping outside my box. :-)

6. osato says:

I love it…. please do more style post

xo Dior

lol, aww, thanks girl! if only it weren’t so difficult finding someone to take my photos than i would do one every week!

Yakini, you look so gorgeous and these photos turned out amazing. Did D take these? I’m totally jelly! There isn’t a single thing you’re wearing that I wouldn’t die to have in my closet, especially that cape and those shoes! LOVE IT!!

Aww, thanks girl! Yeah, he took those. I mean, they came out okay…. but not like our photo sessions. ;-)
      Yeah, i was excited about some of those picks too – they had cute things!

8. Tami says:

Dont you look cuuute! Its 85 degrees outside and I want to wear fall looks but its so darn hot here in Atlanta! Ha!

Awww, thanks lady! Dang, 85 degrees?!!! I’ll take that anyday over this. :-)

That’s okay, you can still rock a hat girly!

9. Mrs. Pancakes says:

i am glad you did this post because those stores are AWESOME! and you really do SAVE. love every single item!

Yaaay! Thx girly. Yeah, ive always had good luck shopping at both. You do have to spend a little time there, but i always walk away with some treasures.

10. Jen @ A Touch of Lovely says:

You always look so cute! Looks like I need to make a TJ Maxx run!

LOVE IT! Now you know this is my type of shopping! I am the bargain shopper to the hilt! I LOVE those shoes in the “play” outfit and you are WORKING that cape and hat, mama!*snaps*

lol, tati, i always think of you when i hit up this type of store, cuz i know how you feel about your ross and things.
      omg, i know, i loved that poncho/cape!

12. Lisa says:

Hi Yakini! How can one lovely lady be so blessed with the looks, brains, beauty, and personality? I absolutely love all the looks as I anticipated each one (slight fash/beauty addict ;) . I love the blue and plum combo, gorg on your skintone. You really are in a league of your own. Blessings!

13. Nicole Feliciano says:

Clearly I have to head to TJMaxx for gloves. Love this round-up of trends. Thanks so much for sharing on Monday Mingle over at Momtrends.

Nicole, you DO! They’ve got the cutest glove…. leather, cashmere, wool, etc. Fabulous selection!

14. Fashion Groupie says:

Both looks are cute! I am soooo jealous looking in the background of your pics. I’ve always wanted to go to NY, lol! That looks like a cute little area you’re in.

15. Kristin says:

You gotta love the Maxx! That poncho looks amazing on you!

16. Optimistic Mom says:

Absolutely love it!! I have a friend that is a buyer for TJM. This post makes me want to be her new best friend. lol
    I love the looks! :)

Those shoes, those accessories, those SAVINGS… LOVE! I love it when I find great pieces at TJ Maxx. I’ve scored some of my favorite items there.

Can we take a minute to talk about you hair? Umm… I love it. How do you get it to be wavy and free and gorgeous like that?

Hahaha! Alicia, the wavy look just happens by accident, i swear! When Im not doing my little home photo shoots (lol) it stays wound up in a bun. So by the time i take it down its got like this big body wave that actually looks like i did something pretty to it!

Thank you!!!

OMG! so many things… You look fab!!! Love that 1st look to death. You know I am all about that hat!!! I am going to try and find that leapord scarf! Good job!!!

19. Sheliza says:

Girl you ALWAYS look stunning! I love both ensembles and I am very impressed with all the savings. I LOVE TJ Maxx!!!

20. Nia/Chic Working Mom says:

I guess I’ll be heading to T.J. Maxx soon. I love them as well as Marshalls. I’m all about a deal. I adore the 1st look and I have a similar scarf as the 2nd look that I can’t wait to wear. Good job!

Thank you Nia!
      Yessss, T.J. Maxx is so addicting. I would go every lunch break (if money were no object). lol

21. Deia @ Love & Tangles says:

Okay so you are realllllly pretty! Anyway, I have been wanting some animal print stuff for a ‘friendly’ price. I’ll have to go to TJ Maxx in my area and see if they have some of these pieces. Thanks for the inspiration and info!

Thank you SO much Deia!
      Yeah, I’d been wanting more animal print stuff too. :-)
      The T.J. Maxx I went to in Long Island had tons…. i know the stores tend to carry much of the same stuff, so i’ll keep my fingers crossed for you. Let me know what you find!

22. Kerri says:

You look awesome and what amazing prices on all your items!