Basketball Wives L.A. Reunion Fashion Round-Up

VH1 Basketball Wives L.A. Reunion Show went down tonight and, after John Salley introduced the ladies, he went right in! First topic up for discussion was Laura Govan and Malaysia Pargo’s  fight from Episode 1.  As interesting as it was to rehash all that drama… I was more distracted by the fashion! The ladies stepped out in a variety of looks – so let’s get right into it!

Malaysia shut it down completely in this The Socialite Styling.

*sigh* Oh Jackie.

That 1990′s high, clip-on ponytail is not the business, and her fitted black sheath dress with (faux?) fur stole is underwhelming at best.  I wonder if it’s from her new fashion line? #FAIL

On a more positive note, it does look like Jackie lost some weight, so kudos to her for that.  Maybe it was the stress of having to face these girls on the show, after all her antics throughout the season.  I tend to get skinny when I’m stressed too – it’s the best diet.

Draya Michele went with a more modest look for the evening with the AllSaints Embellished Python dress [$495]. The snake skin inspired shift dress features geometric central and mottled organic motifs in autumn tones mixed with coral and petrol highlights. I love that she’s sparkling – can’t go wrong with that! (Thanks Style Me Prissy reader ShoeWonk).  She finished the look with Christian Louboutin Bianca Sequin-Coated Leather Platform Pumps.

I’m a little disappointed that Draya opted for her signature loose waves as I wish she’d switched her hairstyle up for the reunion show, but I guess she’s rocking with what’s comfortable, and that’s cool.

Imani Showalter is pretty in the black and pink color-block Giuseppe Zanotti Metallic Leather Curved-Wedge T-Strap Sandals.

Gloria’s makeup is amazing as well and I’m a fan of the chunky silver statement necklace she’s rocking.  She went with a custom-made Mariesa Irene  strapless printed blue mini-dress with a sweetheart neckline. Very pretty look for you, Gloria!

Now the olive green color of Laura’s Carven Side Drape Dress [$960] is cute but… something about her overall look is off to me.  Maybe the dress makes her shoulders look a little square and boxy…? I can’t put my finger on it.  However, I love the shoes, and hair and makeup are fierce, so two snaps for that girlfriend!

I love that each of the ladies wore her own unique dress style, quite unlike the Miami “Basketball Wives” Season 3 Reunion which appeared to be sponsored by Hervé Léger’s camp.  Now you know I love me a good Hervé, but when the whole panel is rocking the same bandage style dress it does lose it’s appeal a bit, no?

Part 2 of the Basketball Wives L.A. reunion will air next Monday, November 28.  I will be tuning in! Will you?

Photo Credit: My Video Captures; VH1 Blog

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

22 Responsesto “Basketball Wives L.A. Reunion Fashion Round-Up”

1. Carly Puckett says:

Thx – I’ll update the post! Right, masculine is the word i was looking for but didnt want to say (lol).

2. [Gallery] Basketball Wives LA Reunion Show | Necole Bitchie.com says:

[...] Style Me Prissy Popular This WeekTyler Perry Writes Open Letter To Fans About Kim Kardashian, Plus Talib [...]

Malaysia and Draya’s looks are my faves. Seriously Yakini, there are SO many things wrong with Jackie’s ensemble. It’s just… wrong.

4. Fashion: Who Looked Best At The Basketball Wives: LA Reunion? | says:

[...] Source [...]

5. My Thoughts About Part 1 of the “Basketball Wives LA” Reunion | Awesomely Luvvie says:

[...] to Style Me Prissy for most of these pics. See her fashion post for the reunion here. Did you like this? Share [...]

Malaysia looks SO pretty. Those curls on her was such a good move.

Ugh! That high ponytail has GOT to go.

And yes, I’m so glad they’re not ALL wearing Herve. Like, let’s be forreal here. LOL.

I know! I love curls on woman – full, big hair (imo) is always a much softer, prettier look than bone straight. That’s why i hate when my hair is super straight and wish it held a curl better.

I’m getting that python dress. GORG

I like everything but the fit on that model. But then, dresses always tend to look better on “real” people.

Hmmmmm……I dont know If I like any of those looks quite honestly. But I DO know Jackie looks a cheap mess. LOL

Yeah, I am surprised that Jackie chose to wear this. Its not that it’s BAD per se – just seems a bit plain for a reunion show.

9. Tami says:

Jackie jacked my style! I wore something like this at the Top 25 Women of Atlanta remember Yakini! lol

Haha, Tammie, your outfit did not look like Jackie’s! The fur stole is the only similarity, but your leather dress was hot, plus the way you styled & accessorized your outfit was FIERCE. I dont like Jackie’s look for this reunion show at all – yours was very appropriate for the occasion you wore it at!

10. ShoeWonk says:

It looks like Draya is wearing the AllSaint Embellished Python dress: http://www.us.allsaints.com/women/dresses/allsaints-embellished-python-dress/?colour=2854&category=22

11. Sheena says:

Laura is looking mighty masculine, her shoulders look very broad. No to the dress. Jackie’s dress is just all wrong… the fur, the pleats, the length (lack thereof). I need Imani to add some volume to the top of her hair. Everybody cannot get away with the flat top. Okay, I’m done, lol.

Yeah, i cant believe it has the nerve to be a mini-skirt. The looks is just all wrong. I wonder if she has a stylist, or at least consulted with one? Im guessing no.
      Right, masculine is the word i was looking for but didnt want to say (lol).

12. Dr. Reginia says:

Malaysia looks great and so does Gloria. Draya is expected. Poor Jackie Christie and why bother saying anything about Imani. Laura Govan is channeling Tina Knowles in a bad way.

13. Nia/Chic Working Mom says:

I will be watching for sure. Everyone looks fab but I don’t care for Laura’s dress. I think she was going for a vintage look but its not working. Lol

Yeah, Im not a fan of her look at all. For the reunion show I’d have thought she would have really gone all out, and rocked something fierce! She’s obviously got her pre-baby shape back and she could have worn something really fabulous. But then again, maybe that outfit is fabulous to her…? *shrug*

14. sunshine says:

Yes I will!

lol – i can’t wait. i’m surprised its this monday. dont they usually skip a week before airing the reunion…?